The little black things are onion seeds & the big pouf is what they came from. An onion we overlooked last year went to seed between the rows of corn, and the kids and I had so much fun watching it put up a big fat 3-foot stalk. We called it "The Funny Onion." As in "Hey Mom, look how big The Funny Onion is now!" "Is The Funny Onion still there?" The pouf was covered with tiny brilliant white flowers all summer. This fall, they changed to these little pods, the stalk fell over and guess what, the seeds fell out onto the ground! Nature at work!! I harvested the pod & will save the seeds to plant next year, if I can figure out how to get them started. Maybe you just throw them in the ground -- I hope so. That would be really easy, and I'm all about easy in the garden.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home