Friday, September 07, 2007

Little bit humid


Here's a photo I took while driving (slowly, through water) in May. This is half a block from where we live. You probably know that Aberdeen received 8 inches of rain in one day, much of it in one hour. The north side of town was inundated. The school was closed for a week, surrounded by sewage-contaminated water. Many streets were impassable for days. Trying to get to the grocery store was nerve-wracking -- big wings of water flying out from the front of the van as I powered it through flooded areas. So I didn't drive much. Jim was so busy at work, he was basically just gone. The kids were at home rejoicing because of no school. I was rejoicing because we only got a film of water across one room in the basement. Nothing compared to others (see above).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home