On lack of motivation, allergies and Mr. Rogers
Sorry I've been away from the blog so long. I just wasn't in the mood to post for awhile, and didn't feel enough guilt to make myself do it anyway! Allergy update: Madeline will see Dr. Luzier next week for an evaluation. She's had more bad colds and coughs since we moved here than she had during just about her whole life. Lately, whenever her nose is especially bad, she will occasionally wheeze at night. So, in we go. I'm going back to see how the stomach is faring after 2 long courses of acid blockers. The half-baked theory of the moment is possible gallbladder problems interfering with digestion and causing "allergic" reactions to foods. Whatever -- maybe someday, after we've funded Dr. Luzier's retirement, we'll find out what's going on! What helps is: he's a really nice older guy, and his voice sounds a LOT like Mr. Rogers' (not his manner of speaking, of course!) "Sometimes, people with very stuffy noses have rhinitis. Can you say, rhinitis? That's a big word, isn't it!"


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home